Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Winter Cleaning, Part 3

The Little Bug has been sick since the weekend, so that has put a damper on my cleaning frenzy. However, I've managed to do a little organization and decluttering.
  • I have given away two books already!
  • I made a pile of items that actually belong to my ex-husband and I'll hand them over to him when he visits in a few weeks.
  • I made a pile of books that I will give away or sell once I have finished reading them. You know those books that are always lying around in boxes or on your bookshelves, and you feel guilty because you spent money on them, or someone gave them to you as a gift, yet you've never actually read them, but you feel as if you can't just get rid of them (because you spend money on them or received them as gifts)? Yes, THOSE books. Well, I've given myself an ultimatum and a deadline. I bought those books, or people gave them to me, for a reason, and that reason is probably that they contain valuable information and I would enjoy reading them. So I'll read them instead of I Can Has Cheezburger sites or something. I'm going to read those books, acquire the knowledge within them, and then send them out into the world to enrich other people's lives. And if I start a book and then realize that I don't like it and don't want to finish it, I've given myself permission to just send that book along on its way. I'm 1/3 of the way through The Crucible of Europe since Sunday.
  • I took two loads of recycling to the bins up in town, working these trips to dovetail with other errands (thus saving time and gas).
Baby steps.

1 comment:

Willow said...

Doing great!
I read two books last weekend--both of them are Newbery Award books I've been promising myself I'd read.