Thursday, April 8, 2010

New Starts

I have allowed this blog to languish for several months. After I posted in September about simplicity beginning in your attitude and moving in to your actions, I continued researching what other people considered to be the essence and meaning of simplicity. I read more books and searched the internet. I discovered that there is a wave of minimalism sweeping over the coastlands of the world and I realized that every person has his or her own definition of minimalism and simplicity.

I've found some great blogs and websites and some not so great ones, 'great' meaning that I agree with the writer and like the writing style. At this point, my personal favorite is becoming minimalist, a blog written by Joshua Becker. Because he is married and has two children, his focus is on how to live a minimalist lifestyle in suburbia; he defines it as 'rational minimalism'. I like that. I have read his book titled Simplify which you can purchase as an e-book on his blog. In general, I already knew and agreed with the content but it was good to be reminded of the benefits of simplicity and minimalism.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Willow, I checked out that link on minimalism you left and have been following that blog. My daughter is a minimalist, living sparsly in a 350square foot studio and I have come to admire that. My husband and I are moving into a very small one bedroom apartment for the next 8 months and I am kind of excited about it.

Its a challenging/interesting way to go.