Wednesday, July 22, 2009

La Dolce Vita

I started this simplicity web magazine several months ago, and haven't done very much with it. I have invited some people to contribute, and I hope that we will all do so soon, and on a somewhat regular basis. When I began toying with the idea of "Simple Pleasures", I kind of thought that I could learn about simplicity, and use this as a forum to encourage others to find simplicity and make it a goal in their own lives.

That was a fail.

I realized that I still struggle with getting anything about my life to be simple, and I haven't been able to just learn it, as though I could achieve it by memorizing a list of facts or principles. Instead, I'm going to have to begin by trying to figure out how to even "do" anything that could be termed "simple", and I can document my own struggles here.

There is joy in the journey, after all.

3 comments:

Hadriana's Treasures said...

There is joy in the journey...whatever that journey is...

Very happy that you had a good time in Hadrian's Wall Country. My parents have a house a few yards away from Doors cottage. Amazing isn't it...in fact I was living there (chez parents) in 2004 when you stayed at Doors.

I'd be delighted to show you around Vindolanda and The Roman Army Museum when you are next over. If you need any help planning the trip just let us know on info@four-wynds-guest-house.co.uk

I'm not looking for business...just happy to help!

Hadriana x

Lori at Jarvis House said...

Dear willow, thanks for reading my blog about the High Line. I went there the other day with Elizabeth & Robert. They live right around the corner from the entrance. I've been visiting them and walking underneath the High Line, and never knew what treasures were overhead! It has just opened and I expect both Elizabeth and I will be taking pictures this Fall & Winter.

Heidi said...

Willow, thanks for visiting me today- yes IEW is wonderful. I taught it to moms in my home, so they could go home and teach it to their own kids in their home schools. I taught it to my kids and they write well.

As for simple. I think I might keep things pretty simple over here. Maybe too simple. But hopefully not simpleminded. :)

Good luck teaching those homeschoolers, they're pretty wild- kidding. My kids are home schoolers, but basically grown up now.
Heidi